Ramos, Marcelo, Varane and Modric named in FIFA FIFPro World11 2018


Premios The Best

Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Raphaël Varane and Luka Modric have been named in the FIFA FIFPro World11 2018, which was announced at The Best Awards ceremony in London. Sergio Ramos's inclusion means that he has now made the cut on nine occasions after making the line-up in 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. 

Marcelo features for the fifth time in his career, after making the grade in 2012, 2015, 2016 and 2017, whilst Modric makes the team for a fourth successive year (2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018). As for Varane, this is the first time that he has been recognised with a place in the FIFA FIFPro World11 2018. The rest of the line-up is made up by: David De Gea, Dani Alves, N'Golo Kanté, Eden Hazard, Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappé and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ramos: "This is a reward for the sacrifices, effort and determination"
"This award is a reward for the sacrifices, effort and determination and the hours you spend away from the family. It's all part of an award which makes fighting every day all worth it. I'm dedicating it to my family, who are the ones who put up with me, and to my teammates, who are the ones who've make it possible for me to be here enjoying this day"I'm delighted for Modric. It's as if I've won it myself, we can even share it back at the club. I'm really pleased, he's an excellent player and has made his mark on an extremely important era for us at Real Madrid".

Madridista dominance
"It's been a magical night, in which Madrid once again reigns supreme and it's a clear sign that we're doing a really good job. We dedicate all of these awards to our fans".

Marcelo: "I've only got reason to be happy
"I'm really happy for myself, my teammates and Modric, who had a super season and he's a really great guy and teammate. I've had the backing of my teammates and coaches and I've only got words of thanks for them".
 
"The key is to ignore the criticism and to not get carried away when you receive praise. It's all about just doing my job, being happy and enjoying every moment. Nearly everyone enjoys the way I play, so I've only got reason to be happy".

His debut
"When I made my debut I knew that it was the start of a tale, but I didn't know quite how it was going to pan out. I now know that it's turned out to be a very good story and I'm very proud to have made my Real Madrid debut at the age of 18".

Varane: "I'm really happy because it's the first time I've received an individual prize"
"It's an honour and I'm really happy because it's the first time I've received an individual prize, although I hope to get more in the future. This is recognition for the year I've had at Real Madrid and with the national team. I hope to enjoy many more years like this past one. These teammates are friends of mine and it's an individual award, but we almost receive it as if it's a team prize. I'm really happy for them too". 

"It's a whole life of hard work and many years of sacrifices. This award is the reward for a good attitude and the effort put in throughout my whole life. Today I'm here picking up this accolade and I'm really happy".

World Cup winner and inclusion in World Cup XI
"They're two fantastic accolades and there are no words to describe what it feels like to have a summer like that. I've won the two greatest trophies a footballer can win. I just want to enjoy this because it's fantastic. I thank the France and Real Madrid fans, who always back us. I couldn't have imagine that this would happen to me".

"I'm not aware of everything that's happening to me and all that I've won. I'm always thinking about how I can help the team and you've got to work hard every day. When I call time on my career, I'll look back at everything that has happened and all that I've won, but now I'm just looking forward to winning more silverware".

Modric named The Best
"He's a different sort of player. His ball control and elegance is very special to see. He's a friend and I'm really pleased he's received the award because he deserves it. He's a great player and a super guy".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Court Stops National Assembly From Taking Over Bauchi Assembly

Population of Doctors in Nigeria Hits 74,543

UBEC Board Chairman, Daughter Freed from Captivity