Man Attempts Suicide onThird Mainland Bridge Again

Image result for Man Attempts Suicide on the Third Mainland Bridge Again



Barely ten days after a man alighted from an Uber cab and committed suicide by jumping into the Lagos Lagoon, another person also sought to end his life through such means, as he leapt from an Uber cab into the Lagoon last night.

According to the call cab driver, “I picked the passenger from Igando and he insisted I pass through the Third Mainland, he kept asking if this was the ‘bridge’ and when I affirmed, he asked to alight to ‘ease’ himself.

 “He kept persuading me to stop so he could relieve himself and that made me curious, sensing an ulterior motive, I drove him to the point where Rapid Response Squad (RRS) were stationed on the bridge.

“I then told the passenger that I was no longer interested in the trip, at this point he was alone in the cab as I was making my way to where the Police Officers were packed."

According to eyewitness report, as soon as the Uber driver approached the RRS, the passenger got down from the car and stood by the bridge railings where he was persuaded not to jump by an officer.
But the officer’s plea fell on deaf eyes as the man jumped into the Lagoon but fortunately landed on floating logs of wood, he was rescued and taken to the Lagos State Teaching Hospital but was later referred to LUTH, where he is being treated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Court Stops National Assembly From Taking Over Bauchi Assembly

Population of Doctors in Nigeria Hits 74,543

UBEC Board Chairman, Daughter Freed from Captivity