Finally, INEC Issues Certificate of Return to Okorocha

Image result for okorocha




At last,  the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Tuesday  issued the Certificate of Return to the former  Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, as senator-elect representing Imo West Senatorial District.

Acknowledging the receipt, Okorocha, while speaking with journalists at the INEC headquarters in Abuja shortly after receiving the certificate, said he was called upon at exactly 6.14 p.m. that his certificate was ready.

"At exactly 6.14 pm, thus evening, after the inauguration of the 9th assembly, I was invited that my certificate is ready and I have just come to collect it.

"I take it to be God's time. I have always believed that justice delay is justice denied, but for the sake of our nation, I accepted it."

He also commended the judiciary for doing the needful and for been there at needed time as well as serve as the last resort for the common citizens or anybody that felt oppressed.

"I also want to thank INEC for taking this bold step against all odds by issuing my certificate of return, which go a long way to confirm that the allegation of duress is not founded by a delay tactic by my detractors to have slow down the process.

"I believe this is God's time and I take it as God's time. I am happy that finally the matter is resolved.

Okorocha said he harbours no grudge about not being able to participate in the inauguration ceremony for the 9th assembly and the voting process that produced the leadership of the 9th Senate, adding that he would have loved to be in attendance at the inauguration.

He said: "Otherwise I missed because I don't have a certificate. Now that I have the certificate, I have opportunity to join my colleagues to see how to move Nigeria forward. "

 While reaffirming his membership of All Progressives Congress (APC ), Okorocha stated that there was nothing wrong with the party  but its management.

" I will not stop be an APC member because of somebody. I came into APC alone and I am in the party. I believe in the party. It will be good to say that time will tell," he said

The former governor said that he was coming to the senate to help rebuild the political bridges and the rest of the country.

"I am also decided to see the possibility of free education at all levels in Nigeria, so that ordinary people, the poor can have access to education," he added

INEC had denied Okorocha his certificate of return following an allegation that the Returning Officer of the Commission declared him winner of the election under duress.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Population of Doctors in Nigeria Hits 74,543

Drug Insecurity: House Urges FG to Fund Indigenous Drug Research

Court Stops National Assembly From Taking Over Bauchi Assembly