APGA in Trouble as Major Financier Dumps Party over Injustice



APGA in Trouble as Major Financier Dumps Party over Injustice


A chieftain of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and one of the financiers of the party, Dr. Theodore Okonkwo, has dumped the party.

Okonkwo, a businessman and an aspirant to the Idemili North and South federal constituency seat in the 2015 general election in a press chat to announce his exit from the party said: "It is all about what my people want, and I do not and cannot stand alone. I have a base. I have a structure in Idemili North and South. The voices and choices of these people have been muffled and near servitude.

"We need re-engineering and repositioning. It is a democratic choice. In summary, disenchantment is the core reason for my exiting from the party. There is a feeling of disappointment about the party which I previously respected and admired. There is growing disillusionment with the leadership. It is the disenchantment of a first love gone sour."

Asked where he is headed, the philanthropist and grassroots politician stated that he is not in a hurry to move to any other political party, and as such, he wants to take his time to consult and seek the consent of his people.

"My present focus is on the welfare of my people. In the coming weeks, we shall kick start activities of Dr. Theodore Okonkwo Foundation, a non-political and non-religious organisation. We shall touch lives all over the place. I will dedicate my time and resources to this.
"Furthermore, I will make my next political platform clear at the appropriate time. Meanwhile, I am holding consultations within and outside the state. I have to be circumspect on which political platform I will move to," Okonkwo announced.

He however added that once the choice is made, his people would definitely fare better than from where he was coming from.

A copy of Okonkwo's letter to the National Chairman of the APGA, Chief Victor Oye, announcing his exit, which was made available to journalists, stated that: "I have finally and irrevocably resolved to leave APGA and pitch my camp elsewhere.
"As the governorship elections in Anambra State approaches, it becomes necessary to reposition my political career and vision. God has been so good to me in all respects.
"This is a painful decision but I have prayerfully weighed the options and convinced that this is the right thing for me to do."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Population of Doctors in Nigeria Hits 74,543

Drug Insecurity: House Urges FG to Fund Indigenous Drug Research

Court Stops National Assembly From Taking Over Bauchi Assembly