Aisha Attacks Buhari Govt Again, Insists N500bn SIP Failed In The North

Image result for Aisha buhari

Wife of President Muhammadu Buhari, Aisha, at the weekend picked hole in the implementation of the federal government’s Social Investment Programmes (SIP), saying it has failed in the North.
The SIPs are the N-Power, Conditional Cash Transfers, National Home-Grown School Feeding and Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programmes (GEEP).
The first lady, while speaking at an interactive program for women at the State House, Abuja, lamented the inability of women in the North to benefit from the programme.
Her lamentation came days after the Presidential Adviser on Social Investment, Mrs. Maryam Uwais, revealed that N470.8 billion was released by the Government for the programme.
Uwais had claimed that the federal government, annually, budgets N500 billion for social investment.
Aisha, speaking at the event said: “Concerning the N500 billion voted for SIP, that was part of 2015 campaigns where they promised to give out N10,000, feed pupils in primary schools and give N5,000 to poorest of the poor.
“The SSA to the president on social investment is a lady from Kano and I’m sure that my husband decided to put somebody from Kano because of the population and political impact it made. I have never asked how the money is being used or is being given out.
“I met Barrister (one of the President aides on SIP) once and he promised me that for my state (Adamawa) we should get 30,000 women to be given N10,000. Up till now I haven’t heard from him.
“I don’t want to raise alarm that my state does not benefit from it, where SGF comes from, I kept quiet because I don’t want people to say that I talk too much.
“Recently, I saw a 74-year-old man selling petty things in Kano, I asked him how much is his capital, he told me between N3,000 and N4,000. Don’t forget that we have campaigned to give the poorest of the poor, N5,000 every month.
“So I don’t know where the social investment is. Maybe, it worked out in some states. In my own state, only a local government benefited out of the 22. I didn’t ask what happened and I don’t want to know but for it to fail woefully in Kano, it’s not a good sign and it’s not a good thing.
The first lady stated further that “we have a lot of women that do business locally due to the cultural thing in the North, that they are at home doing their businesses. Some are millionaires, some have thousands of naira, they need the assistance but they do not get it.
Image result for Aisha buhari
“Most northern women do not belong to any market association “I was expecting that N500 billion to be utilized in different methods in the North for the aim to be achieved. I don’t know the method they used but most of the northern states do not get it. My state does not get it.
“It worked out well in a situation whereby they have market associations but I was thinking different methods should be used in the North.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Population of Doctors in Nigeria Hits 74,543

Drug Insecurity: House Urges FG to Fund Indigenous Drug Research

Court Stops National Assembly From Taking Over Bauchi Assembly