Electoral Victory: Ubah Extends Hands of Fellowship to Uba Brothers


Image result for Senator Ifeanyi Ubah (Anambra South),





A member of the National Assembly, Senator Ifeanyi Ubah (Anambra South), whose electoral victory was upheld on Tuesday by the Court of Appeal in Enugu, has extended his hands of fellowship to his main political rivals, Andy Uba and Chris Uba.

The duo of Andy Ubah of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and his brother, Chris Uba of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who contested the February 23 senatorial election against Ubah of Young People’s Party (YPP) and lost, however, went to court to contest the result and finally lost at the appellate court yesterday.

Reacting to his electoral victory, Senator Ubah, while thanking God and his constituents for the electoral victory, declared that with his legal victory, the onus is on him to invite the Uba brothers for the task of moving Anambra South senatorial district forward.

UBA Magic Banking

According to the victorious Ubah, "I want to extend my hands of friendship to the Uba brothers; I want them to join me so that together, we can build a greater Anambra South senatorial district. I believe that together we can do bigger things.

"I believe it is a case of ‘No Victor, No Vanquish’. The most important thing is that I have a strong edge over the Uba brothers in Anambra South senatorial district. I want them to join me so that we would collectively give value to our people. We are in politics to give value to our people. So, I'm extending my hands of fellowship to them."

He boasted that no politician can beat him in Anambra South senatorial district "based on things that I have done for my people, and they know that I'm committed to them as it is not easy to contest on the platform of an ‘unknown’ party and defeat those who contested on the platform of bigger parties in just two months."

On his part, the National Chairman of YPP, Emmanuel Amakiri, said with the legal victory of Ubah, the political dynasty of the Uba brothers have collapsed.

According to him, it doesn't matter the party you belong to; you will win if your people want you, and this is a victory of the people. 

He said: "A dynasty has been shattered in the Anambra South senatorial district. We started from the grassroots and the Appeal Court confirmed it. Nobody can take this victory from us because we went to the election with the best material, and our people, the electorate, confirmed this at the poll.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Population of Doctors in Nigeria Hits 74,543

Court Stops National Assembly From Taking Over Bauchi Assembly

Drug Insecurity: House Urges FG to Fund Indigenous Drug Research