Lagos Police Arrest Two for Kidnapping, Rescue Three Years Old


Image result for Lagos police






Operatives of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested two brothers for kidnapping their boss' three-year-old son from Lagos to Abia State as well as rescued the boy unharmed after 11 days in captivity.

The suspects, Meshack Felix, 25, and Chinecherem Felix, 23, were said to have been involved in the kidnapping of Meshack's boss' son from her restaurant in Lagos on June 4, 2018.

According to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgal, on June 4 2018, the police command received a complaint from Mrs. Mary Chidi of Dog Kennel, Railway Compound, Ebute-Meta, Lagos.

“Mary Chidi said she suspected that Meshack, who worked as waiter in her restaurant, allegedly abducted her three-year-old son, Chisom Chidi, and took him to an unknown destination,” he said.

The CP expressed further that two days after the disappearance of the child, the said Meshack sent a text message to her containing a Diamond Bank account number 0081873532 belonging to one Chinecherem Felix demanding a ransom fee of N600,000 else the victim would be killed.

Continuing, Edgal said: “Based on the complaint, I directed the officer-in-charge of Anti-kidnapping Squad to investigate and ensure that the victim is rescued and suspects arrested.”

Following his order, he said the squad went into action immediately and covertly located the suspects at Lokpanta Autonomous Community of Umu-Nneochi council area in Abia State, where the two suspects were arrested and the hostage rescued from captivity on June 15, 2018.

The suspects, Meshack confessed to the crime, saying: “I kidnapped and took the child to Abia State. I needed that ransom to start my own business as a welder.

“I was working as a waiter in his mother’s restaurant before I kidnapped him. She was paying me N800 daily. But when the father called me, he said he didn’t have N600, 000. So, I told him to send N300, 000.”

The WAEC holder Meshack added that when the boy’s father called that he had N100, 000 only but would rally for more, he accepted, adding: “I told him to send whatever he had.”

Meanwhile, the younger brother of the alleged kidnapper, Chinecherem, told journalists that he had no idea of his brother’s crime. “When I saw the little boy in our house in Abia State, I asked my brother who he was, and he said the boy is his son.

“He told me to give him my account number. But he didn’t tell me what he wanted to do with it. I am a fashion designer in Abia State,” he added

The suspects will be charged to court as soon as the investigation is concluded.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Population of Doctors in Nigeria Hits 74,543

Drug Insecurity: House Urges FG to Fund Indigenous Drug Research

Court Stops National Assembly From Taking Over Bauchi Assembly