Fayose Insists Buhari Too Ill to Lead, Should Resign


Image result for fayose

Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, has insisted that President Muhammadu Buhari was too sick to lead a complex country like Nigeria, appealing to him to resign and return to Daura, his hometown.

The governor also denied a statement attributed to him, when he was alleged to have said he would commit suicide should Buhari return to the country.

Fayose, nonetheless, said that he stood by all his claims about the president being in a coma when he was in the UK receiving treatment, saying he has no apology for his comment.
The governor restated his call for Buhari’s resignation, saying: “If not for our efforts, Buhari wouldn’t have returned now. He is sick and tired and even his physical appearance portrays this, so he needs to go home and rest.
“Today (yesterday), they have cancelled the FEC. You cannot hide the truth forever, it will reveal itself someday. You cannot continue to deceive Nigerians.

“Every word that has come out of my mouth, I have no apology for them. President Buhari was indeed in a coma and one of those who visited him said his recovery was a miracle, showing that he was indeed very sick.
“Let Buhari go back to Daura and rest. Don’t send him to an early grave.
Buhari is not old enough to be my father, my mother is older than Buhari, he cannot be my father, he can only be my uncle. I am close to 60. I stand by all I have said about the president.
“We are glad he is back, but don’t over-flog him. I am not a sycophant and I stand to speak for Nigeria. Somebody must be able to speak on behalf of the poor masses.
“This was how they deceived us during the time of (Umaru) Yar’Adua. I am not a hypocrite and I will never be one.
“This country deserves a very healthy person. The office of the president is not for a sick man. The president is tired and should be allowed to resign and go and rest,” he implored.
Fayose maintained that Buhari did not have to remain the president at any cost.
“They said he would come back and resume in his office, then they said rats had taken over his office. Now they said he is working from home; tomorrow, they would say he is coming from the bedroom,” he said.

The governor of Ekiti State held the view that the pressure mounted by him and many Nigerians had forced Buhai to return home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Population of Doctors in Nigeria Hits 74,543

Drug Insecurity: House Urges FG to Fund Indigenous Drug Research

Court Stops National Assembly From Taking Over Bauchi Assembly