Jealous Housewife Who Wants Husband to Divorce Her Kills Two-week-old Stepson in Bauchi


Image result for bauchi  police parading suspectsA jealous second wife, Hindatu Abdullahi, on Wednesday killed her step-son, Mohammed Abdullahi, of two weeks old at Wuro Bogga village, Duguri district in Alkaleri Local Government Area of Bauchi State.

In her confession at the state police command, Hindatu, said she was forced by her parents into marrying her husband against her wish.

Weeping profusely while narrating her ordeal, she said: "I killed my stepson with insecticide called ‘pia pia’ because I was fed up with my marriage and I wanted a divorce. I feel that the only way to get a divorce was to kill my stepson so that my husband can divorce me."

 According to her, "I was forced to marry my husband as a second wife at age of 17, I never loved him and since we got married, my husband and his first wife have been maltreating me so I decided to poison the boy out of frustration."

Hindatu who was looking very sober and exhausted, said: "I was taken to vigilante group who gave me 80 lashes of cane before I was brought to the police station. I regret my action. I never knew what came over me. I'm begging for forgiveness from my husband, senior wife and security operatives."


The state Police Commissioner, Sanusi Lemu, while parading the suspect at the state police headquarters in Bauchi, said on August 19, 2017, at about 8a.m., a case of murder was reported at Maina Maji Police Division in Alkaleri council area of the state.

The state Police Public Relation Officer (PPRO), DSP Kamal Datti Abubakar, who spoke on behalf of the commissioner of police, said the suspect collected the baby of her co-wife, Fatima Abdullahi, and went into her room to carry out the dastard act.

He said the suspect husband, Abdullahi Ori, travelled to Saudi Arabia to perform this year's Hajj pilgrimage, leaving his two wives at home.

According to him, "The baby named Mohammed Abdullahi, was killed when his step mother allegedly put insecticide popularly known as ‘Pia Pia’ inside his mouth.

"The baby became unconscious and was rushed to a nearby dispensary at Gigyari village, who later died in the process of referring him to the General Hospital that same day," he added.

He said the suspect was arrested and the remaining quantity of the toxic insecticide was also recovered, adding that the suspect has confessed to the crime in which she will be charged to court.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Population of Doctors in Nigeria Hits 74,543

Drug Insecurity: House Urges FG to Fund Indigenous Drug Research

Court Stops National Assembly From Taking Over Bauchi Assembly