I Was Told I’m 75, I Thought I Was 74, Buhari Admits Age Mix-Up

Image result for buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has admitted a mix-up in his age as he revealed that he thought he was a year less (74) than his known age.
Speaking when he received Mohammed Bello, Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), the President said he thought he was 74 while official records put his age at 75.
Buhari revealed that as an Army General, he could give orders but the sickness forced him to take orders from doctors as he gave the reason behind his healthy looks after battling ill-health which made him spend the better part of the year outside the country on medical vacation.
“I am very grateful for taking time out on a very important day to come out and spend it with us,” he said.
“It has been a tumultuous year. I am thinking I am 75, I thought I was 74, but I was told I am 75.
“I have never been so sick, even the 30 months civil war when I was stumbling under farm of yams or cassava but this sickness I don’t know.
“I came out better because all those who saw me before and when I came back said I look much better.
“But I have explained to the public that as a General I use to give orders, now I take orders. The doctors told me to feed my stomach and sleep for longer hours that is why I am looking much better.
“I thank you very much for coming and making all the sacrifice because today is a crowded day for me from early in the morning until maybe the following morning with the family and friends and neighbours and one thing I learnt to respect is good neighbourliness both at individual and national level.
“When I was elected my first trip was to Chad, Niger, Cameroun and Benin Republic, if you are in good terms with your neighbours then you can make some savings for development, but if you start fighting your neighbours then am afraid the resources you have you will lose it in trying to be very clever, so I try to be very close to my neighbours both individually and nationally.”
Buhari who admitted that the outgoing year 2017 would go down in history as a really tough one for Nigerians, said he felt the pains the citizens must have been going through but prayed that 2018 would bring with it greater prosperity and succour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drug Insecurity: House Urges FG to Fund Indigenous Drug Research

Population of Doctors in Nigeria Hits 74,543

Environmental Groups Want Agip to Clean Bayelsa Oil Spill Site