Lagos Police Arrest Man for Sexually Abusing Teenage Niece

Image result for nigerian police




The Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Police Command has arrested one Chigozie Osuocha for sexually abusing his 12-year-old niece, simply identified as Benita.



The niece-turned-house help was brought by the suspect from the village to help his wife with the house chores but he ended up sexually assaulting her five times.



The victim who got fed up was said to have fled the house, taking the suspect's two sons along before they were intercepted by RRS operatives at the Mile 2 area of Lagos.



The primary school leaver from Imo State was intercepted after alighting from a commercial bus from Olodi Apapa and attempted to board another bus to Maza Maza.



On sighting the victim with two children, aged between four and six, they invited her for questioning and she disclosed that she was heading to Maza Maza to board a night bus to Imo State.



Puzzled, the officers further inquired,  and it was at that point that she disclosed that her uncle who brought her to Lagos to continue her education and also assist his wife domestically, had carnal knowledge of her five times in less than seven months in his house.



In her verbal statement, the minor said anytime her uncle wants to sleep with her, he would come home early, lock his children out of his one room self-contained apartment, and sleep with her.



She said she had to tell her uncle's son  the truth when he asked her what his father did to her each time he locked them out of the apartment.



According to the sex victim, "After I told his son, he told his mother and she confronted me. I confirmed it and she threatened to pack out. But they resolved it after he promised it won’t happen again.



"I have been staying with his three children at home while they go about their businesses. He has refused to enroll me in school since July 2017.



"I took his two sons with me while I left the last child at home. They saw me packing my things out of the house and started crying that they were going to follow me.


"We got to Mile 2 and I didn’t know that those police officers saw us. They stopped us and I told them I was running away to the village because my uncle was sleeping with me."



The suspect, a resident of Olodi-Apapa, was lured to RRS Headquarter in Alausa, Ikeja, through his telephone number provided by his six-year-old son.



When confronted with the allegation by Benita, the suspect confessed that he was lured by the devil, adding that he had slept with her only five times.



He said: "I brought her to Lagos in July 2017. I started sleeping with her in December 2017. I slept with her three times in December.



"My wife later knew about it and she threatened to move out of the house with my three children. I begged her and we resolved the issue.



"I came home yesterday and I gave her N60, 000 to help me give my wife. It was this money she wanted to travel with to with to the village along with my two boys."



Confirming the incident, the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Chike Oti, said the girl has been transferred immediately to the Family Support Unit of the command headquarters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Court Stops National Assembly From Taking Over Bauchi Assembly

Population of Doctors in Nigeria Hits 74,543

UBEC Board Chairman, Daughter Freed from Captivity